Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 151: Did the Groundhog See His Shadow?

Did the groundhog see his shadow? Yes! Punxsutawny Phil saw his shadow and it appears we are doomed for six more weeks of winter. Of course, this happened on a day where warmer spring temperatures seemed to dominate some of the coldest parts of the nation, including my Chicago home.

I've been thinking about the movie Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray today, and not just because the movie had a dozen clips posted from it on Facebook today. I love the idea of building up skills every day (every repeated day) over a lifetime (the same day). It makes me wish that I had that opportunity, but that's the thing. All of us have a chance to keep improving our talents every year. I'm a much better writer than I was a decade ago and if I keep writing, I'll be even stronger another decade from now. If I keep my health in tune and my performing active, I'll be better in both of those areas as well. The best thing to do is to not let your skills atrophy. Keep up with what you love to do and add new skills when you want to make something a part of your life.

Today in the writing world, I worked on Identity Interrupted a bit, wrote a blog post for my tour based on a Thoreau quote and posted a blog post about character writing prompts focused on the talkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment