Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 79: A Bit of Peace

It's funny how much things can change over the course of a few years. A little bit of peace can go a long way. Today, as I prepared to connect from Detroit to Philadelphia as I prepared to connect from Detroit to Philadelphia, I looked up at the monitor and saw my flight was cancelled. A few years back, this would have stressed me out incredibly. Nowadays, I can just shrug it off, smile and figure out the next step. The issue was resolved within minutes and I was able to keep a positive attitude throughout. Plus, it doesn't hurt to get a little more unimpeded time on the ground to do some writing :).

The moral of the story? Practice peace, gratitude, love, forgiveness and humility and after a while, the small stuff won't bother you nearly as much. After a few 4 a.m. writing prompts before my flight, I wrote a blog post on early morning writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment