Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 85: Communication

Being a writer does not always make you a good communicator. When I was younger, communication was far from my strong suit. I loved writing out my thoughts but had much more trouble expressing myself verbally. Thankfully, college and my dramatic art degree got me far out of my shell, dramatically (pun intended) expanding my comfort zone. From living at different times on both ends of the communication continuum, I've learned that most people communicate in their own unique way. The most important thing you can do when attempting to figure out how someone communicates is to listen. Don't just listen to the what. Listen to the why as well.

Today in the writing challenge, I wrote some character writing prompts about Knights and Jews. I also created a blog post about writing the Great American Novel. Hope everyone had an amazing Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment