Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 106: Words with Friends

One of the best ways to become inspired as a writer is to hang out with a variety of people. It's easy to get stuck in your head when you don't hear any different words or patterns of speech that you're used to. By making sure to add various social occasions to your life, you will be able to more easily create characters and you will be able to think up more topics in general. This was a weekend full of social encounters, including the Groupon holiday party, which had me and my girlfriend surrounded by a cast of thousands. Connect with others and connecting with your inner creativity will be much easier.

My daily writing assignment had me creating some character writing prompts on citizens of the world in addition to a blog post of January writing prompts.

In two days, we'll be heading down to North Carolina for a good old-fashioned Christmas celebration. For the third year in a row, I will not be heading to my family's get-together, since Amy and I have split Thanksgiving and Christmas right down the middle. This morning I sent a big box worth of gifts their way and I'm proud to have included some of my writing in those gifts. I won't spoil it for any family members reading this blog, but I really hope that everybody enjoys what I've provided! Some of my family have had a tough year financially and I hope that sometime in the future, I will have a book that does so much for my income that I might be able to contribute to such issues. That is probably a long way off, but my desire to contribute to my family is one of the many reasons I am keeping up with this challenge.

Happy Monday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment