Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 110: Friday Night Lights

Last night, I had the joy of sitting down with Amy and her family to watch an episode of Friday Night Lights, one of the best shows to ever grace the television with its presence. If you've never had the opportunity to watch this "high school football show" that is actually a "story of small-town America and a marriage that can weather all storms that come its way through honesty and love," you should get a move on! The writing, acting and directing on the show is inspiring to say the least. I feel like any artist in the film or acting world who is feeling fed up with the awful products that Hollywood is putting out should take a look at this show to see what can be done when all cylinders are clicking creatively.

I'm looking forward to today because it will be a day of shopping, sweet eating and festive Chapel Hill traveling. It's one of my favorite Christmas vacation days and it's the day that makes me very appreciative that I'm able to come back here year after year.

In writing news, I started working on a new book (to give myself a tiny break from character writing prompts) called Living in the Future. I also wrote a blog post about how to work smarter. Happy shopping, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment