Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 90: But How Do I Feel?

After 90 days of writing 2,500 words per day, I've accomplished a lot of fantastic feats. I'm closing in on writing a book that is three times longer than the longest thing I've ever produced and I think it could be really helpful to writers everywhere. I've created so much new content for my blog that I have drastically increased my readership. I have made writing less difficult by making it into such a daily activity that I'm even willing to get up early on a Saturday or Sunday to do it. But how do I feel?

I feel less stressed out. I was always so stressed that I was a writer who wasn't writing (and this is coming from a writer who had written multiple books, I suppose I am my toughest critic). I felt like I was wasting too much time on things that weren't important like posting on Facebook and watching television. Now when I do leisurely things, I don't feel as guilty. I know that the efforts I've put in earlier in the day to contribute to my writing give me a bit more freedom to be more loosey-goosey as the day goes on. And on days when I'm able to accomplish my writing, my freelance work AND some networking and other Quadrant II activities, I feel extremely fulfilled as if I'm finally starting to live up to my potential.

If you are feeling like you are stuck in a rut, I thoroughly recommend that you take part in a challenge in the area you felt you were meant for in life. If you can do just a little bit a day toward your purpose, you will be happier, healthier and more fulfilled. How do I feel? I feel so good that I want you all to feel exactly the same way too.

Today in the writing world, I worked on some writing prompts about intellectuals and I created a blog post about career change motivation. Off to watch some Tar Heel basketball! Go UNC!

No comments:

Post a Comment