Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 16: Helping Others

One of the most effective ways to motivate yourself is to motivate others. I have been friends with a wonderful freelance editor named Ashley Daoust for about a decade now. Despite the distance between us (she lives in Denver, me in Chicago), we have recently gotten close and have begun to be cheerleaders for each other in our freelance careers.

She's a few months away from having her first baby and as a result is a little frazzled. After a long chat with her yesterday, she is back on the horse and ready to rock again. We've both been in the same position and I'm grateful that she's helped me out of a rut on more than one occasion.

A challenge like this 365 day writing challenge can be difficult and lonely at times, but by helping others to work on their goals, it inspires me to try harder and to push past any negativity I develop over the long haul.

Today on the writing blog, I posted about this very challenge and how it might turn out. The happiness book is almost done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment