Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 40: Go to Extremes

You know that old Billy Joel song that goes, "Baby I don't know why I go to extremes?" I'm kind of like the narrator of that song. I mean, look at this challenge. I just passed 100,000 words in total, it's crazy.

When I told my girlfriend about the idea for the 365 challenge, she was concerned that I'd work myself to exhaustion. With 325 days remaining, it's certainly possible. But I've never been content to do a little here and a little there. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy and I tend to get bored with anything less. I'm happy to go to extremes because I get a heck of a lot accomplished.

Today I came with 15 topics of figuring out my 100 categories, though I still have to write over 700 prompts to fill out the rest of the book. I wrote a blog post with a few novel writing tips and I planned out a little evening birthday celebration with some friends. Yippie!

Also, The Post-College Guide to Happiness is now available for the Kindle. Woo wee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment