Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 31: Rolling On

Today was one of my most effective days of writing since I began the writing prompts book and it was all a matter of me getting eight hours of sleep two nights in a row. I think I'll keep the ball rolling again tonight if possible!

My blog post on the writing website today was particularly pertinent as it was about increasing your writing output. In the post I was able to utilize the teachings of authors Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz from their book The Power of Full Engagement, which is one of my favorites.

I thought of a few great ideas for books today, such as a 2011 book of 2,011 writing prompts dealing with the current events during the year. The book will act both as a sort of time capsule of the news and a great way to pull from past events to create stories. I could write a new book each year to draw off the previous one. If I simply write about 6 prompts a day every day, the book will write itself every single year. Might be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment