Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 48: Refinement

One of the keys to a quest like this is refining your method until you have reached top efficiency. Throughout the last 48 days, I've had times where it took me until the end of the day to get enough motivation to finish and I've had moments in which the writing came easily to me. By learning what worked during those latter moments, I have been able to refine my process.

I love having a word count goal, but by having it prominently displayed in my word processor, I was getting tripped up. In addition, by jumping into each prompt as I would an improv scene at the Annoyance, they practically write themselves. Lastly, I've been listening to a fantastic compilation of 100 classical music masterpieces, which relax me no matter how anxious I am about the writing.

As a result, here I am by 10 a.m. on a Saturday, complete and ready to clean our dang apartment :). Today, I worked on prompts about senior citizens and emergency workers and I wrote a blog post about financial motivation. Happy weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment