Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 125: Marilyn Monroe

Yesterday, Amy and I went out for a friend's birthday to see the independent flick, "My Week with Marilyn," and I have to say it exceeded my expectations. It was great getting to understand the soul of the character by essentially seeing a month long sliver of her life. I thought that the actors were impeccable and that the writing could have been much more heavy handed than it was. While I think that anybody writing a memoir about Marilyn Monroe might have exaggerated a bit about how...ahem, intimate, the two of them might have gotten, it was regardless a great story to tell. I can't wait until I get to write a fantastic memoir with wonderful tales of the people I've met and loved. Until then, I'll just keep on working on the silly one, Why I'm Not Famous Yet. Today, I also wrote another creativity conundrum about what to do when you miss the boat.

This week will include much editing of my 1,000 Character Writing Prompts book and some work on the workbooks. Hopefully I can get all of them out and ready by the end of January! Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment