Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 147: 10 Minute Trainer

For the last three weeks, I've been busting my buns on Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer and I've been loving it. I had already been running 10 to 15 miles per week in training for the 10 miler Soldier Field race in May, but I had not been working my arms or my core very thoroughly at all. The best thing about 10 Minute Trainer is that nearly all of the workouts work the core quite well. I feel stronger and more healthy in general as a result of the work I'm doing. Is it tough to fit in the three recommended workouts each day (other than Wednesdays, which are the "day off," much better than the Sunday day off in P90X in my opinion) along with a run about five or six days per week...yes. I'm lucky to be someone who works from home, so that I can get the workouts in at practically any time of day, whenever I can squeeze them in.

I like these workouts better than P90X for a few reasons. They aren't as hard and time-consuming (though the ab video is comparable with P90X's ab ripper x). They aren't as tough on the joints due to their strong concentration on the core. And even though the results from P90x probably came more quickly due to longer duration, I'm still seeing some results in both my body and the amount of energy I've had each day. I definitely recommend it to anybody having trouble fitting a workout in.

Today in the writing challenge, I worked on the ending of Identity Interrupted (now I just have to go back and write the middle :)) and I posted a BCWI post about characters who are overweight in this character writing prompts page. Very excited to do my three 10 minute trainer exercises today, kick back and watch some UNC basketball and to hang with my lady. Happy Sunday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment