Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 129: Super-heroic

One of my goals in life is to try to appear somewhat super-heroic to my friends and loved ones. I want to excel in many different areas in life such as in achieving my dreams of being a writer and an actor and as a fit guy who runs races and lifts weights. The tough reality of appearing like a superhero is that it's tough work! Getting up early and writing to make my books seem like they're coming out of thin air and pushing myself to fit a lot of exercise into a short amount of time can be difficult. The reason I keep pushing myself to do these sorts of things is that one of my goals in life is to inspire the people around me. I figure, I'm going to be much more inspiring if I can do a whole lot of awesome stuff as much as I can.

I've had self-esteem problems in the past and they occasionally crop back up. It really helps when I hear a kind word about my work or when someone is impressed by the amount of effort I've put into a project. Even though I've gotten a great deal accomplished in the last two years, it's little bits of motivation like that which keep me going. Thank you to everyone who has sent me an e-mail or a comment, because they truly help me to reach new heights in my writing.

Today, I continued to work on Why I'm Not Famous Yet and I wrote a blog post about asking for help in honor of my new assistant! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment