Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 142: Man or Muppet

A big shoutout to Bret McKenzie today, one of the two members of the "Flight of the Conchords" team, who was nominated for an Academy Award for the brilliant song, "Man or Muppet." I have made it no secret that I absolutely loved the recent movie, "The Muppets" and this was one of my favorite songs in the bunch. While I think it's silly that the Academy felt the need to only include two songs in the category (though it does lead to a 50/50 chance), I'm very happy for Bret and the whole Muppets team. I hope that the nomination brings a little more attention to a movie that lacked the acclaim it should have received as an amazing achievement.

In writing news, I continued to work on Identity Interrupted and played with some fun twists and turns. I also wrote a blog post inspired by our Commander in Chief called personal responsibility. Hope everyone is having a lovely day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment