Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 126: White People Problems

I watched a hilarious sketch this morning that was on last night's Saturday Night Live episode starring Charles Barkley called White People Problems. I'd seen the spit-take worthy meme before on Twitter and Facebook, but I thought this sketch elevated it to another level. Why is it that we refer to these tiny little incidents in our lives as "the worst" and why do we say "I hate it when that happens," when there are so many real problems in the world? I believe it's because we think that it's better to get sympathy for something than it is to actually power through minor issues. We like having our hands held through life, even though it's much more rewarding to become self-sufficient.

This is one of the reasons I wrote the blog post today, cancelling your pity party to give some steps for people to get away from these silly white people problems they yammer on about. I also worked on my book Why I'm Not Famous yet, which is totally a parody on the white people problem of fame. I'm really excited to keep powering through it and it's really funny so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment